November 09, 2017
Author: Michael Buchok
Alright, time for a reality check. There are hundreds or even thousands of people searching the internet using keywords related to your business and services, but none of them are finding you. It can be a little depressing to see your competitors at the top of search results; and what's more frustrating is that you have no idea why.
There are a number of reasons why your SEO might suck, from not investing in your business through to hiring an amateur that claims they know how to improve your online rankings. This can lead to the belief that your SEO successes are just dumb luck when in reality it takes a lot of time and effort to generate leads and produce meaningful content that matters to your audience. On the otherhand, there are also agencies that don't understand your industry and will deliver poor advice and take your money anyway.
Here are some of the best ways to improve your SEO:
- To rank your business, you need links - lots of high quality links that search engines like Google will love you for.
- Start blogging! If you have a blog, write meaningful content that your visitors want to read. Coupled with my first point, you can get your audience to share that content and back link to your website to generate more leads.
- Schedule your blog posts, and give your audience something to come back for. Writing one or two blog posts per month is often enough.
- Sometimes writing good content on your own can be difficult. Invest in hiring a content writer skilled at crafting custom tailored articles.
- Create videos and use other media sources to share your content.
- Leverage social media to your advantage and communicate with your audience.
- Select keywords based on competitiveness and search volume.
Some frequently asked questions:
- How long will it take to see results? Once you hire a professional, you can expect roughly a 5 to 6 month period before seeing an increase in leads.
- How much does it cost to hire an SEO firm? Depends on the firm and your budget. We do not recommend going in half-arsed. You're either committed to advertising yourself, or you're just going to throw your money away.
- Can my website outrank *insert competitor here*? Maybe, but SEO is something you need to work at. If you want to measure up to your competitors, you need to put in the effort. Even if you hire a company, you still need to be conscious of the efforts you need to make to advertise yourself; not just online, but through all of your available networks.
By following these guidelines, you'll be sure to see an increase in traffic to your website. If you have any additional questions or comments not mentioned here, feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to help!
Contact us for a free consultation!
All Blog Posts